Why Become Certified?
Certified communities are:
- Properly identified and documented as ready for economic development opportunities
- Marketed to business and industry
(Initial offer to participate in DED’s marketing advertising and trade shows at reduced rate, if possible)
- Publicly recognized as economic development leaders
- Eligible to apply for “Downtown Revitalization” competitive funds
(population less than 20,000)
- NEDED CDBG ED additional 5 points
- NIFA Housing Application additional 2 points
- Potential speculative site investment
- Beginning in 2011, Communities that receive CDBG Comprehensive Revitalization funds, which is a non-competitive option given every 3 years only to communities over 20,000, must be certified
There are currently 38 Nebraska Communities certified, exemplifying economic development readiness.
SOUTH SIOUX CITY
For more information, contact:
Nebraska Department of Economic Development