Truly right-in-the-middle-of-it-all, Nebraska offers an endless array of advantages that make living, working, and doing business here a wonderful and rewarding experience. Nebraska has proven to be a strategic location for the information technology (IT) seeking an advantageous business climate. Enabled by a pro business environment, strong infrastructure, world class workforce, state-wide drive for innovation, and higher education facilities have proved Nebraska as the choice for IT and IT related business.
Business Friendly Environment. A Nebraska location offers public and private support that leads to cost savings and increased profits. Nebraska ranks high in a number of areas important to new and expanding businesses. One factor contributing to the state’s high rankings is the new Nebraska Advantage package.
The Nebraska Advantage package is designed to enhance the state’s business climate and make Nebraska a preferred location for starting and growing a business. The Nebraska Advantage package emphasizes capital investment, innovation, the creation of jobs, and provides for the training of workers who accept those jobs.
The Nebraska Advantage package benefits businesses with investment credits; wage credits; sales tax refund; customized job training; state and local sales tax exemptions for purchases of manufacturing machinery, equipment, and related services; research and development tax credits; microenterprise tax credits; and inventory tax exemptions. More info about the Nebraska Advantage programhere... Many of Nebraska’s largest and most prestigious companies are technology related businesses. These businesses are a strong testament that Nebraska is the place for IT business. Some of these companies include: PayPal, HP, First Data Resources, LinkedIn, TD Ameritrade, West Corporation, Qwest, Information Technology Incorporated (ITI), Cabela’s, Aflac, Con Agra Foodds, Pacific Life, Global Crossings, and Netshops. Additionally, the U.S. Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM) is headquartered in Nebraska. USSTRATCOM and companies that serve the military operations at Offutt Air Force Base, such as Northrop Grummnan, Lockheed Martin, SAIC, Raytheon, Booze Allen Hamilton and 21st Century Systems, are collectively Nebraska’s largest technology employers.
- Power – high reliability & stability at low costs
- Telecom infrastructure
- Local workforce with strong technical skills
- Land costs
- Abundant airline options with direct flights to both coasts
- Insulation from natural disasters
- Quality of life
- Central Time Zone
- Sites Identified for data centers
- Customized Job Training assistance
- State & local tax incentives (sales tax refunds, personal property exemptions, and more!)
A few more of the endless possibilities Nebraska also has to offer:
- Employees with an unmatched work ethic
- Central location offering an integrated system of interstates, mainline railroads, and airports
- Industrial sites and buildings ready for immediate occupancy
- A 100% public power system – the only state that offers it – providing customers with electrical power at some of the lowest rates in the nation
- Nebraska Quality of Life Brochure.pdf
2nd Employment Leaders,
Nebraska Business Facilities 2011 Rankings Report
3rd Best State for Job Seekers,
MSN Careers, 2011
3rd Best Pro-Business Legal Climate,
U.S. Chamber's Institute for Legal Reform, 2010
5th Pollina’s Top Pro-Business States,
2011 Pollina Corporate Real Estate, Inc.
5th Workforce Training Leaders,
Business Facilities 2011 Rankings Report
8th Best States for Business & Careers,
10th America’s Top States for Business,