Education & Workforce
Education is important to Nebraskans.
Nebraska experiences one of the nation’s highest ratio of teachers-to-pupils, and the rate of high school graduation is one of the best in the Nation. A greater proportion of Nebraska's high school students take and score higher on college aptitude tests such as ACT and SAT than the national average. Nebraska also supports successful student mentoring and school-to-career initiatives, giving students first-hand experience with many occupations while still in school. Nebraskans also believe in training and life-long learning, adding additional skills to our repertoire.
- Nebraska Career Connection - is the central online location for career, job, education, planning, and training resources designed for Nebraska.
Links to Nebraska Colleges & Universities:
- Bellevue University
- Chadron State College
- College of St. Mary - Omaha
- Concordia University - Seward
- Central Community College - Grand Island, Hastings, Columbus
- Concordia University Online Programs
- Creighton University - Omaha
- Creighton University Online Programs
- Doane College - Crete, Lincoln, Grand Island
- Grace University - Omaha
- Hastings College
- Metropolitan Community College - Omaha
- Midland Lutheran College - Fremont
- Midplains Community College - McCook, North Platte
- Nebraska School of Technical Agriculture (NCTA) - Curtis
- Nebraska Wesleyan University - Lincoln
- Northeast Community College - Norfolk
- Peru State College
- Southeast Community College - Lincoln, Milford, Beatrice
- Union College - Lincoln
- University of Nebraska (UNO) - Omaha
- University of Nebraska (UNK) - Kearney
- University of Nebraska (UNL) - Lincoln
- University of Nebraska Medical Center - Omaha
- UNL Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources (IANR) - Lincoln
- Wayne State College
- Western Nebraska Community College - Scottsbluff, Sidney, Alliance
- York College
Nebraska offers a balanced quality of life – great for families, careers and life.
Nebraska blends economic opportunity with lifestyle, offers a wide variety of employment opportunities, and has minimal commute times, safe communities and life-long learning prospects. It is this high quality of life that has created an environment where the possibilities for prosperity and happiness are endless.
Nebraskans have a national reputation for a strong work ethic, with high productivity and low rates of absenteeism. When coupled with a positive attitude you have reasons why Nebraskans take such pride in their work. An example of this attitude is the inclusion of a "Right-to-Work" provision in the state constitution.
Search Nebraska’s many Job Opportunities
Careerlink.com is an online employee recruitment and career development site created and hosted by the Applied Information Management (AIM) Institute.
- Nebraska Job Link
JobLink provides job searches, resume services and assistance to job seekers, and an on-line job posting and job tracking services designed to help you find the talent you need to run your business.
- Foundations of Workforce Development
- Labor Market Information, Nebraska Department of Labor
- List of Nebraska Local, City and County websites